Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Class Should I be

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Renegade

Renegade

Male
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-14

What Class Should I be Empty
PostSubject: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 5:40 pm

Hello everyone!
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me for what class I should be. I want to be able to get to 40 pretty quickly, yet I want to do some 1-15pvp decently if at all possible. What class are we lacking?
Back to top Go down
Stewiie
Guild leader
Guild leader
Stewiie

Male
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 9:05 pm

well if u want to be 40 quick take a mage Wink
Back to top Go down
https://aeon.aforumfree.com
SN1PERN
Guild leader
Guild leader
SN1PERN

Male
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 10:28 am

as Stew say if you wanna get to 40 fast go mage, if you wanna pvp and get a good rank you should make a archer. but a def is both easy to lvl if you get a mage to duo, and at the same time you can pvp. like i do i have gotten 391 kills and i can still lvl fast whenever i want to, but i stay in 20-30 because i want to get rank 1 def XD
and about 1-15 pvp you cant use large exp drop like in 20-30 where you lose all your exp and can pvp for much longer XD

Edite: and you have priest too, you can self chose your build but you can fast lvl by either pt a mage and def or duo with a fighter, thats fast lvling. and you can pvp and do like Talulah on Etain XD
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 7:50 am

Lol Ren. I just wanted to post a topic with the same question. So I guess I post it in here. I have a mage right now, but I´m not sure what class I should make when I´m HM. (I'm lvl 35 so I still have some time to think about it)

I have been thinking about making a battlepriest for pvp 1-15
Pherhaps a mage again but with a different build (or would it be boring to be a mage again?)
And I have been thinking about a defender. I am not sure whether for pvp or pve. And I don't like the defender female clothes in higher levels. ( Pherhaps it would be funny to play a male. See what that is like Thera are also a lot of males playing females in mmorpg's.)

Anyone has any suggestions about this?
Back to top Go down
SN1PERN
Guild leader
Guild leader
SN1PERN

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 9:48 am

TigerN, i can try to help you but i cant say it will help you XP that means what i can help you with is builds for either pvp and pve, here we go...

first you said was battle priest for pvp...
i guess you know the builds and stuff about that XP some thinglike 6int/1wis about heals i dont you really wont need them any, since you are battle and they wont heal any anyway XP exept you could up ress and things you wont need wis or mp to make it good

you talk about mage with a different build...

that would be a mage pure luc. i know that they are hard to lvl and good for grinding, but that they really is the best after lvl 40, ofc i would recommend to lvl as either rec-mage or int-mage and then use restat scroll and put so you have at least 500 luc pts with lapised armor and you'll need at least 80 wis pts, this is something i have read this on the forum and it might work for a hm, but i think the one who wrote it was thinking for a um. but the you got rec-mage a build like either 5:1:1(rec:wis:int) or 6:1 (rec:wis/int), it works like you pull mobs(greens) and kill them without a ot this is a fast way to lvl Very Happy

And a defender...
then you should just go 5:2 rec:wis for both pvp and pve coz 5 rec is enough to tank orange without a priest and with wis you can tank magical based mobs too and makes pagans not kill you so fast if pvp. a pure rec is good for pve and i guess then you can tank red and maybe purple(not sure) without a priest XP
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

Female

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 4:43 am

Ok, thanks that was helpfull.

I have been thinking about an archer as well, but that would be instead of an other class. ( I don't want to many chars)
Since you are a archer SN1P, can you tell me what you like and dislike about being an archer?
Back to top Go down
SN1PERN
Guild leader
Guild leader
SN1PERN

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 11:52 am

WhitetigerN wrote:
Ok, thanks that was helpfull.

I have been thinking about an archer as well, but that would be instead of an other class. ( I don't want to many chars)
Since you are a archer SN1P, can you tell me what you like and dislike about being an archer?

i love archers, no dout about that Very Happy
nothing bad about them exept very ennoying agains in pvp Very Happy

as hm i think stew means the best build is 6:1 str:dex or full str for pvp >.> i think that is wrong its a very low amount of dex, the best is probebly 5:2 str:dex for 1-15 you can also go pure luc, but that aint so good in 1-15, its best in 20-30 pvp Wink
i can set up skills you should add as str/dex build and luc build Wink

skills to add as 5:2 str:dex :

Piercing Shot
Sustain Shot
Slump Shot
Jumping Airshot
Bull's Eye
Body Training
Sharp Shooter
Long Range
Shot Pointer
Rapid Shot
Marksman Song
Potential Viable
Nuke Shot

skills to add for pure luc :

Slump Shot
Wide Shot or Ballista Shot
Bull's Eye
Body Training
Sharp Shooter
Long Range
Shot Pointer
Rapid Shot
Marksman Song
Potential Viable
Nuke Shot

and i prefer Bow coz of faster atk speed.
If you make luc archer, make sure you have lapises so you can lapis your armor, both noble and worship armor and your weapon with luc lapises the best would be lvl 3s and over that Wink

i hope this helps for now, just to ask again if you wanna know more Wink

Snip Suspect Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

Female

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 6:38 am

Ok thx for the help
I almost made up my mind

I want a pvp archer 1-15
And I want a priest but sure for pvp or for pve

And what about you Ren? Made your choice?
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

Female

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:06 am

What class does the guild in Etain needs most by the way.
Pherhaps I'll make pvp char there.....But I'm not sure
Back to top Go down
SN1PERN
Guild leader
Guild leader
SN1PERN

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:24 am

I dont really think we are in need of any special class lol, so its all up to you what you wanna be XD, but if its a pvp char i migh see what class we havent any ranked yet Razz Razz

hmmm....ye we do have an inactive ranger XC that is almost out of the ranking system XP so if pvp, a ranger would have been cool =)
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

Female

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:32 am

Ok I can try to make a ranger but not sure if I will get high in rank. I don't have any experience with rangers. But I'm up for a challenge.

And it would be fun to be on Etain, i can also party with my sisters then. Very Happy
But on the other hand...I wish I could be a hm on Etain.

I have heard things about episode 4 of Shaiya. There will be a weekly event then where all the servers can pvp together....But of course it will take a lot of time before we have that here.

Last edited by WhitetigerN on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SN1PERN
Guild leader
Guild leader
SN1PERN

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:41 am

WhitetigerN wrote:
Ok I can try to make a ranger but not sure if I will get high in rank. I don't have any experience with rangers. But I'm up for a challenge.

And it would be fun to be on Teos, i can also party with my sisters then. Very Happy
But on the other hand...I wish I could be a hm on Teos.

I have heard things about episode 4 of Shaiya. There will be a weekly event then where all the servers can pvp together....But of course it will take a lot of time before we have that here.

Ehemm... we are on Etain sry XP, not Teos...
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

Female

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:52 am

lol sorry that's what I ment Razz

Somehow I seem to confuse these names....
Back to top Go down
SN1PERN
Guild leader
Guild leader
SN1PERN

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 9:21 am

WhitetigerN wrote:
lol sorry that's what I ment Razz

Somehow I seem to confuse these names....

lol wonder how you would start in a game with 34 servers XD (like SilkRoad Online)
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

Female

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 9:35 am

lol!

I just started my ranger on Etain. I will use the same name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: New Mage Character   What Class Should I be EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 10:48 am

I also created a new Character on Etain. Its a Elf Mage named Magician_John for those that see me in GC. It breaks the minotiny of being the same class all the time lol Cool
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

Female

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 11:38 am

Ok John nice that you are a mage.
Since I have a mage I have some advice to you: Don't do full int but at a little wis too now and then. Or else you will miss a lot. But offcourse it's all up to you
Back to top Go down
SN1PERN
Guild leader
Guild leader
SN1PERN

Male

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 11:54 am

WhitetigerN wrote:
Ok John nice that you are a mage.
Since I have a mage I have some advice to you: Don't do full int but at a little wis too now and then. Or else you will miss a lot. But offcourse it's all up to you

as White say, but the best is to start add wis and go something like 4:1 or 3:2 int:wis untill you think you have enough mana Wink
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

Female

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Yes everybody always says: go full int! But don't believe them Exclamation

I like being a ranger btw. Well the few hours I played. But I have died like 12 times already ( and kills 14) So i'm not really good Sad .
But on the other hand it just might be a matter of getting used to being up close with an enemy. I'm used to be standing at a safe place Wink.
Back to top Go down
Renegade

Renegade

Male
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 1:39 pm

A lot of the thing with rangers is that you do not hit very hard, but you do not get hit as much as any other class either. My advice for a ranger...always use agility and Incarnation(idk if I spelled that right but its the luc buff) and just go at the mobs. It's best to have a pretty good amount of dex, otherwise you get hit more often, and therefore you have not very good armor and die faster. I did 3 str 2 dex till lvl 25 then went all str..but I'm going to add more dex. Right now I have like 98+Agility and other weapon buffs, accessory buffs..ect. I have heard some rangers go into luck too, but I'm not sure on that one and have never tried it out xD. I guess it depends on your preference.
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

Female

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 8:24 am

I'm only in pvp 1-15 any advice for that?
Back to top Go down
Sitting-Bull
Guild leader
Guild leader

Male
Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 9:23 am

White you could take a look at the stats that myself, and Wind posted for our HM Rangers they are slightly different builds but booth have worked well. we have gone up a few more lev's since them stats were posted, but they may still help you

Bull lol! lol! lol! There under subject Char Stats
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

Female

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 11:48 am

Ok I'll take a look.

It is going quite better in pvp by the way. Since I'm lvl 15 now and getting more used to being a ranger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Class Should I be   What Class Should I be Empty

Back to top Go down

What Class Should I be
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: • Etain • :: General Discussion :: Questions-
Jump to: