Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeon Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Tutorial]: Forum Signatures

Go down 
4 posters

Was This Tutorial Helpful?
Yes
[Tutorial]: Forum Signatures Vote_lcap83%[Tutorial]: Forum Signatures Vote_rcap
 83% [ 5 ]
Some
[Tutorial]: Forum Signatures Vote_lcap0%[Tutorial]: Forum Signatures Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No
[Tutorial]: Forum Signatures Vote_lcap17%[Tutorial]: Forum Signatures Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Renegade

Renegade

Male
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-14

[Tutorial]: Forum Signatures Empty
PostSubject: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 5:55 pm

I was asked to post a tutorial on how to make a signature and put it up on the website.

Making a Signature:
1) You will need a program like Adobe Photoshop(CS2 or CS3 for best results)*
2) You can use different brushing techniques, backgrounds, renders(pictures of characters), or many ohter objects to create your signature, You will eventually end up with something like this when finished:

[Tutorial]: Forum Signatures Fettbanneruo5

Uploading A Signature To Website:

Since There Are Many Different Picture Uploading Places That You Can Use...I will do a tutorial for the one I use..and the more famous one..Photobucket.

www.imageshack.us
1) Go to www.imageshack.us
2) On the page, there should be a button that says BROWSE
3) This should bring up a screen where you can find and select your picture. (Make sure its in .jpg .jpeg. or .gif format)
4) Press Ok
5) Leave your email blank, make sure reize image is unchecked, and that remove size/resolution bar is checked.
6) Also make sure the offer thing for hotjobs is also deselcted or a window will pop up in yahoo jobs. If this happens just close the window or tab.
7) Click Host it! button.
Cool Scroll down to the box that says Hotlink for forums(1)
9) Deselect Include Details above the box.
10) Copy and paste ONLY the part that says http://img...." border="0" alt=""/>
11) Go to www.aeon.aforumfree.com
12) Log in the forums
13) Select Profile at the top of the page
14) Go to the tab "Signature"
15) Paste the link INCLUDING the [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures  and
16) Click "Save"

www.photobucket.com
1) Go to www.photobucket.com
2) Register on the website (if you need help with this ask me and I will help)
3) Login to the website
4) There will be a thing in the middle that says Upload Images and Videos with a button that says "choose files"...click that button.
5) Find the signature that you want and select ok(make sure its .jpg .jpeg or .gif)
6) You can add a title and description if you wish, then hit save and continue
7) It will take you back the the beginning screen and you should see your picture now below the Upload Images and Videos box.
Cool Move your cursor over the image and copy the "IMG code"
9) Follow parts 11-16 on the www.imageshack.us tutorial

Using a signature posted on the forums
1) Find the post with the picture in it.
2) Right click on the image, and click properties.
3) There should be a "Location" link on there.
4) Copy that link
5) Follow the steps 11-16 on the www.imageshack.us tutorial
6) MAKE SURE YOU PUT THE LINK BETWEEN [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures  and IN THAT ORDER!!!

*Photoshop is not a free program, however other programs like it may be. Photoshop is extremely expensive unless you download it illegally and use a key gen or have a hacked version of it. I will not explain how to do this*

I Hope This Helps and Eliminates all Problems Smile
Back to top Go down
SN1PERN
Guild leader
Guild leader
SN1PERN

Male
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 6:38 pm

Renegade wrote:
5) Find the signature that you want and select ok(make sure its .jpg .jpeg or .gif)

Really? i Dont really think so >.>

Renegade wrote:
*Photoshop is not a free program, however other programs like it may be. Photoshop is extremely expensive unless you download it illegally and use a key gen or have a hacked version of it. I will not explain how to do this*

You can downloade it free from www.thepiratebay.org Very Happy Very Happy Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Renegade

Renegade

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 7:08 pm

Don't really think so about what?
Back to top Go down
Sitting-Bull
Guild leader
Guild leader

Male
Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 12:57 am

Ren
Thank you very much for putting this tutorial up, I had no idea how to make or post a signature, I will try and start learning the process tomorrow, if i can get the software sorted out, which i don't think will be a problem. Snip try and post a explanation, instead of repeating a meaningless sentence, over and over.
But if you were referring to folk having to buy photoshop software, if they want a LEGAL COPY they have to purchase it for a reputable dealer, but you are also right you can down load cracked copies from almost all of the P2P torrent sites ( ISO.Hunt, Mininova, BT.Junkie, The PirateBay. ) but you also take the risk of getting more than you bargained for, ie Viruses Trojans and all other kinds of malware. But getting back on topic, if I have any problems I will post my questions if you don't mind answering them, and again thanks for the info

Bull lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Renegade

Renegade

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 9:05 am

I will answer any and all questions about it Smile And yes, the torrent sites..if you don't know what your doing..can really be ...dangerous to your computers health haha Laughing Either way it still works if you find the right one. I will post on how to make one with the program if needed..however, I will not post on how to get the program, therefore I can't be responsible if your computer goes bad, or something else happens to it. Well, hope this does help Smile
Back to top Go down
SN1PERN
Guild leader
Guild leader
SN1PERN

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 9:35 am

Renegade wrote:
Don't really think so about what?

>.> i did quote and then write something under and then i quoted again and wrote something under that.
ill just write it again for you...

you say it has to be either jpg./jpeg. or gif. i mean are you really sure? coz i think you can uploade more then just jpg./jpeg. or gif. files/pictures on photoshop XP
Back to top Go down
Renegade

Renegade

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 10:24 am

On photoshop you can use all sorts of picture types...but the best ones to upload them are .jpg .jpeg and .gif....a lot of them, if they are not in that form, change them to it..which may reduce the quality. Its a suggestion, I guess you don't have to follow it if you don't want to.
Back to top Go down
SN1PERN
Guild leader
Guild leader
SN1PERN

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 2:16 pm

sry i ment Photobucket >.< and yes what you say is right, but i stick to jpg its best anyways >.>
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 8:05 am

Very helpfull.
What is the best size for a sig?
Back to top Go down
SN1PERN
Guild leader
Guild leader
SN1PERN

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 9:50 am

WhitetigerN wrote:
Very helpfull.
What is the best size for a sig?

that is totally up to you, but if you want to change it, change it to smaler coz if you make it bigger it wont look that nice anymore XP
Back to top Go down
Renegade

Renegade

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 1:18 pm

Yes, if you enlarge it, it makes it all look pixely. I use the following dimensions for all of mine.
Width: 425 Pixels
Height: 125 Pixels

but its totally up to you Smile
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 4:36 am

Ok, I´m aleady working on one.
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:59 am

It worked !
It is a bit bigger then I thought however when I see it here.

Thx for the tutorial. Because I didn´t know what code to use without it. Smile
Back to top Go down
SN1PERN
Guild leader
Guild leader
SN1PERN

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:16 am

You wanna know what i think?.. if no, you'll have to read it anyway XD

I think you should try make it a bit smaler.. and if you want you could also write A E O N under your name Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:28 am

Yes I'm going to make it smaller now. The reason why this is still a empty signature is becuase I want to put in my other chars as well. Wich I don't have at the moment Razz . So I left space for that. This is sort of a raw version. And when I get to lvl 40 and create my new chars then I'll put AEON in it because then I can see where there is room.

lol!
Back to top Go down
SN1PERN
Guild leader
Guild leader
SN1PERN

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:30 am

Ok, i thought it looked a bit empty and a bit sad with so much space XP
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 8:48 am

By the way...
Who voted that this tutorial was not helpfull Shocked
Back to top Go down
SN1PERN
Guild leader
Guild leader
SN1PERN

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 9:15 am

.....Guilty... Rolling Eyes but that was for me, i knew it already, thats why i voted it Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: I do GFX for fun   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 10:51 am

When i get my laptop back from being repaired, i have a program i use to do GFX with. In other games that i have played, i was apart of different clans\guilds and i did GFX for them. Id be happy to throw my Skills into the pot for making sigs and avas for all of you.
Back to top Go down
Renegade

Renegade

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 1:40 pm

Yea I started doing that for the guild for a while...till my skills got boring to everyone xD Actually, I haven't done much work with photoshop lately, so that's my fault xD
Back to top Go down
SN1PERN
Guild leader
Guild leader
SN1PERN

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 1:56 pm

actually i could need a sig for any mmorpgs i play lol, i have one pic i want to use and i want to know what you can do about it, i mean its a text on it XP that i dont want to be there, since i took it from a forum XD

here it is:

[Tutorial]: Forum Signatures Guilds-bg

what i want you to do is to take away the tekst that is there and put in Zyrgel.. if it is possible to get it away XP
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 12:39 pm

That looks nice. It would make a cool sig. From what game is it btw?
Back to top Go down
SN1PERN
Guild leader
Guild leader
SN1PERN

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 3:01 pm

Its from Rohan Online =)
Back to top Go down
WhitetigerN

WhitetigerN

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 8:12 am

Oh I see Rohan's Guild information standing on it now lol!
Didn't notice before.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SN1PERN
Guild leader
Guild leader
SN1PERN

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 8:54 am

WhitetigerN wrote:
Oh I see Rohan's Guild information standing on it now lol!
Didn't notice before.... Rolling Eyes

XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures   [Tutorial]: Forum Signatures Empty

Back to top Go down

[Tutorial]: Forum Signatures
Page 1 of 1